Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

saved automatic backup in the wrong place... D-Data Drive :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aHeartToCallHome

aHeartToCallHome

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:24 PM

OK, :) sorry guys it looks like I screwed up! not very computer savvy.

A while back... LONG while back, been putting off this issue, saved automatic backup in wrong place

woops! Looks like I need to fix that. Any tips so I don't delete the wrong thing? :) :hello:

here's the picture. :)

dd40836d475fcc76e5e869802ca3a252.png

Edited by hamluis, 03 July 2016 - 06:37 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Backups/Imaging - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

Looks like disk where you have saved your backups is doesn't have enough free disk space well you can either delete some files on the disk to gain more disk space or change the backup settings to start new backup on another disk i don't remember very well but if you move backups to new disk and change the currently backup location to new backup disk new backups should use the moved backups in new backup location.

Posted Image

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:38 PM

I highly recommend converting to Macrium Reflect, free or pay-for, for all future backups/restores.  Meanwhile, yes, get your backup images moved from the internal HD onto a reliable external media, such as a platter-driven HD, USB sticks [set of 2 128GB sticks at a time would work best] or even DVD blanks.

Edited by RolandJS, 08 July 2016 - 12:40 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users