Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best Downloading Tool?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Rufus Sniff

Mr Rufus Sniff

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:17 PM

Hi guys and gals ;)

I have some marketing tutorials that are in video format...different ones...

I have Video Downloader Pro (a Firefox addon)...and it works on 90% of

my downloads...

On my addons manager, I've found over a thousand 'downloader' options...yet

can't find one that'll help me download certain videos...seems like the video

is blocked from this...somehow...

Also, when googling 'best downloader tool'...same issue...I receive lots of options,

yet can't find one that'll do the trick.

I just need a video downloader that'll let me download and save for viewing later...

Anyone out there know of an easy solution?...I'd be forever grateful! ;)

Thanks in advance...

Nile

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

Be more specific. There are proprietary video clips protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM) that can't be downloaded by anything. I don't know if that's what you are encountering because I suspect you are being deliberately vague knowing it's a copyright violation. Post a link to the clip and I can tell you if it can be downloaded. 

#3 Mr Rufus Sniff

Mr Rufus Sniff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:34 PM

Hey Frank,

Actually, I'm not being deliberately vague...I'm just not sure if this is one of the DRM's that you're talking about...

And if that's the case...and it's a copyright vio, then I'll understand it can't be done...and shouldn't...

Here's the link to the clip...your help is appreciated...

http://bayprofitsacademy.com/members/module-1/ebay-overview

#4 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:29 PM

Mr Rufus Sniffer if you just want to download video then Internet download manager is good, if not then tubemate is another choice.

Edited by LiamP5, 03 July 2016 - 08:31 PM.

To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:29 AM

Hey Frank,

Actually, I'm not being deliberately vague...I'm just not sure if this is one of the DRM's that you're talking about...

And if that's the case...and it's a copyright vio, then I'll understand it can't be done...and shouldn't...

Here's the link to the clip...your help is appreciated...

http://bayprofitsacademy.com/members/module-1/ebay-overview

Only viewable by members of that site.

#6 Mr Rufus Sniff

Mr Rufus Sniff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

Thanks Frank,

And you're right, it's only viewable by members of that site...

And I am a member...yet that's the trouble with alot of these membership sites...they don't want

you downloading their material...

So, I contacted the membership owners and stated my issue...and they themselves stated to

just use 'Internet Download Manager'...and I can download any of their videos from the membership

site...no problem...(obviously you can't even get into the membership site if you're not a member)...

So I installed 'IDM' and after getting a little use to using it...I found you can download ANY video...

All I wanted to do was be able to download videos from membership sites I'm a member of...

My biggest issue has been downloading recorded replays of webinars I've signed up for...and

can't attend because of time restraints...so when the replays are posted for a set number of hrs/days,

I'd like to be able to download them for perusing at a later time...and several of those marketers

don't give you access to download them...for various reasons...(they say the info is too valuable to

stay out there on the Internet for too long...and they want you to purchase their material sooner than

later...)

I don't buy into the 'info being out there too long' line...and alot of the times, you just want to study the

material...and think about the product for awhile before purchasing...w/o the sales pitch rush etc...

Subsequently, the membership product owners themselves gave me the solution to my dilemma...

Plus, you yourself started me thinking along these lines...

Thanks Frank for your input and help...much appreciated...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users