Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update help.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brigis

Brigis

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

A few weeks ago my windows went to update automatically but something happened and it got interupted.  I had to go through several steps that I dont exactly remember anymore just to be able to use my computer again because it got caught in a reboot loop.

Now I discovered that I can update at all.  I click on to find updates and it sticks on loading.  I left it for a hour and came back to it in the same state as when I left.  I left it going for 6 hours and came back to the same effect.  I tried a few things that people suggested but nothing seemed to work.  I was even going to just try to update to 10 in hopes to just get rid of the problem but it searches for updates before it will even do that.  Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saranyavenkatraman

saranyavenkatraman

• Banned Spammer
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:57 AM

Hi,

Ran Windows Update Repair and found two problems which were fixed;

Ran Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup as errors were reported; and

Ran SFC/ Scannow which showed errors which could not be fixed. So I ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.

Rebooted and ran SFC/ Scannow. All errors are gone.

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:29 AM

Above advice about running Dism command is wrong please run below command from Command Prompt that is open as administrator.

Sfc  /Scannow

If above command founds corrupted system files but was enable to repair the corrupted files execute below command.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

You would use DISM to fix Windows component store corruption when a sfc /scannow command is unable to repair corrupted or modified system files because the component store (source) is corrupted. SFC should be able to repair the files afterwards. Execute below command to make sure corrupted system files repaired.

Sfc  /Scannow

If these commands fails to repair the issue try my batch script to reset Windows Update components.

Reset Windows Update Components

2GvnEq2.gif

#4 Brigis

Brigis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:29 PM

Ok thankyou.

I will post an update when its complete.  I work full time and go to college full time so it might take me a bit.

#5 Go The Power

Go The Power

• BC Advisor
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:25 AM

Hello,

Once you have ran SFC /SCANNOW can you please upload the following?

Export CBS folder

1. Right click on the Start Button
  2. Click on File Explorer
  3. Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
  4. Find and double click on the Logs folder.
  5. Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
  6. Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
  7. Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
  8. A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.
  9. Pleas upload via Dropbox or OneDrive

#6 Brigis

Brigis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:35 PM

Nothing worked so far.  I am doing the last posted request now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users