Thanks, that just might work. Question though; do I boot this program from disk? I have tried this several times now, but the pc keeps trying to start windows after I select the CD from boot manager. I'm starting to think this machine is just fried :/
This is a bootable disc. You will need to open the BIOS and change the boot order so that your optical drive is the first device in the boot order and the HDD/SSD is the second device in order to boot from the disc.
When the disc is recognized you will be prompted to press any key to continue. I just top the space bar.
You can use the instructions below to burn the Dban ISO to a disc.
How to burn ISO image using Windows Burn Disk Image.
Notice: This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.
1. Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.
2. After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.
3. When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane. Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it. Click on Burn Disk Image.
4. In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use. Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn. Click on burn.
5. In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.
6. After the image has completed being burned click on Close.
Edited by dc3, 07 July 2016 - 09:50 AM.