Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck In Standby/random Standby

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CrackaaPLZ

CrackaaPLZ

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:35 PM

ok so i just did some major upgrades to my computer (new mobo, new ram, new processor, new gfx card) so basically a new computer cept HD. Also, i added a new 21" widescreen LCD monitor. when i first got the computer all set up, i would boot and the monitor would remain in standby mode. the computer store said they had given me ram that was incompatable and replaced it for me. i brought it home, the comp booted, the screen worked, except once the monitor went into standby, it would be impossible to get it out. after doing some research i found i could edit the bios/cmos to enable keyboard/mouse to bring it out of standby. that worked for a little while until it started randomly entering standby mode (even during games etc when the comp was in full use) and not respond to any keyboard/mouse functions. the only way to get it out of safemode was to reboot. any suggestions as to the cause/solution of the problem would be great. thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CrackaaPLZ

CrackaaPLZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:34 AM

PS system is as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
BFG Geforce 7900 GT OC
4x 512MB RAM
MSI K9N SLI Platinum Motherboard
500W Power Supply
Gateway FPD2185W 21" TFT LCD Monitor

#3 CrackaaPLZ

CrackaaPLZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

anyone?

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:06 AM

Go to the control panel, then power options and disable both standby and hibernate.

What happens?

#5 CrackaaPLZ

CrackaaPLZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:45 AM

i've tried that, and i thought i had it fixed until i left it on overnight and came back this morning to it being stuck again. (keyboard doesn't respond... can't turn on/off the num/scroll/caps lights)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users