Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fonts getting uninstalled after restart

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 arczh2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:47 AM

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Eversince, I am facing the trouble of fonts. Fonts are disappearing all of a sudden when I restart. My applications fail to run if I do not re install the font after my computer has restarted. I ran sfc /scannow command in safe mode and it found some errors and fixed it. After that when I restarted my PC, the font problem came again. My fonts (more than 2500 fonts) disappeared and I was left with some 20-25 fonts in windows.

I did a windows repair install via a bootable USB using an ISO image. Shockingly when my windows installation reached 75% approximately, the PC restarted and all the fonts during installation went to wingdings as seen in the image below. Even after that the problem stays.

Please help me to fix this trouble.

I also did enable default font settings but the problem is still there. Of course, this issue will be solved if I do a clean windows 10 installation, but I don't want the pain of such a long procedure and it will also make me install all the heavy software all over again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 02:28 PM

For starters download and run MalwareBytes.  If that doesn't fix it, I'd post in the Am I Infected forum because what you describe is definitely abnormal.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

Hello arczh2 and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer
Can you run sfc /scannow again and attach the C:\Windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log in your next reply?
Please Note:: if the file is too big to upload to your next post please upload via a service such as Dropbox or One Drive or SendSpace and just provide the link.

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users