Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hardware problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kurtgillis12

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:31 AM

I was told to come here from the malware guys

I'm using an old Toshiba Satellite L300D-01N. It's been working fine for a while. Suddenly last night, it just randomly powered off on me (It didn't just go black, like it actually went to "Windows is shutting down etc..)

I had assumed it was out of power (even though it was plugged in) so I let it charge for the night using the same charger it always used. Now when I try to turn it on it shows the Toshiba loading screen, then the Windows Loading screen for a couple seconds, then a sort of blue box flashes and it goes back to the Toshiba loading screen.

I tried starting windows normally, and starting from last known working state or whatever its called, but the same thing still happens.

I reallly need this working again!

EDIT: Actually its more like 2 blue boxes flash at each bottom corner of the screen after a very brief few seconds of the Windows load up screen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,135 posts
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:53 AM

That blue boxes are strange but for now lets try to boot Windows into desktop.
First lets deal with sudden shutdowns without warning this could be cause by overheating so clean all dust from fans, vents, and heat sink you should apply new Thermal Paste to CPU.

You will need to boot your computer using Windows Setup DVD or CD do you have one?

Which Windows version laptop using?

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users