Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer monitor loses signal, computer becomes unresponsive when gaming.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bensavagae

bensavagae

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:33 PM

Hey everyone, I’ve been running into a specific issue recently on my custom-built PC with a couple of games in particular (Witcher 3 and NBA 2k15). The problem is similar; at some point, the screen suddenly turns to black and video signal is lost. Nothing responds (even though power is on), forcing me to do a hard restart of the entire computer. With NBA2k15 it happens randomly, with the Witcher it happens at a specific point in the game (sometimes I get to go a little further, but it’s usually around a specific point).

Some steps I've taken:

Cleaned out the tower fans just in case.

Reinstalled the games.

Replaced PSU, just in case the old one was defective.

Updated all drivers

Ran memtest (no errors detected)

Under throttled GPU and memory by 40 MHz.

Ran Furmark for around 20 mins without issues.

Specs:

OS - Windows 10

Processor - Intel ® Core ™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz

PSU - SeaSonic Platinum-1000 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM

Cooling System - Noctua NH-U14S 140mm SSO2-Bearing CPU Cooler

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780Ti

RAM: DDR3 8GB

Motherboard - GIGABYTE z87X-D3H

SSD: Crucial CT240m500ssd1

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bensavagae

bensavagae
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:36 PM

After the most recent time, I went and checked the event viewer, and these were some of the error messages:

A TCG Command has returned an error.

The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\0000004c) failed due to a hardware error. (multiple of these ones)

The server {784E29F4-5EBE-4279-9948-1E8FE941646D} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:36 PM

the first error im not sure about, but the second one, is usually a sign of bad sectors on a HDD. Seeing as you have a SSD, it might be something different, in any case it wouldnt hurt to download a diagnostic for your SSD and see what it says

http://download.cnet.com/SSDLife-Free/3000-2086_4-75323637.html

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users