Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth Headset

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SolusUmbra

SolusUmbra

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:38 AM

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes.

I got a Bluetooth dongle adapter thingy for my windows 7 desktop computer and I connected my old headset to it but couldn't seem to get it to work So I went and got a new headset (Plantronics M70) and am running into the same troubles. I get the all to common Bluetooth peripheral driver Error. I have seen alot of different fixes online and tried the microsoft moble center download one and I still couldn't get my headset to work. I looked on the Plantronics site but no driver information listed. Does anyone know how to get these bluetooth headsets to work?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SolusUmbra

SolusUmbra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:07 PM

Im not sure how or why but my computer finally downloaded the drivers for the headset instead of just  Bluetooth peripheral driver, is there a way to find these drivers on my computer and save them onto a cd or usb so I don't have to fight so hard next time I need to reinstall the headset?

Edited by SolusUmbra, 02 July 2016 - 12:08 PM.

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:54 PM

Assuming you are using a computer running Windows, the driver file you down loaded should be located in the "Downloads" folder that is located in your user account folder. This page might help you find it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17436/windows-internet-explorer-download-files-from-web

Once you find it, you can copy it to a USB drive or burn it onto a CD like any other file. If you need help with that, then you will need to provide which OS (or which version of Windows) you are using on your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users