Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

installed intel ac3160 dual band + bluetooth system wont allow bluetooth to star

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hooftey01

hooftey01

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:47 AM

installed intel ac-3160 dual band + blue tooth in a Sony notebook system wont allow blue tooth to start.

also there is no interface available to connect any hardware to it, i know it has something to do with some Vaio software on the system.

it allows me to use dual band mode and it shows that blue tooth is present but disables it claiming interference with 2.4 GHz band. 

now i have had blue tooth dongles installed working while using 2.4 GHz band before with no issues, so i don't get the issue now.

any input would be appreciated. 

thankx Karl K

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:25 AM

Have you install latest driver for the intel ac-3160 device?

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 hooftey01

hooftey01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:35 PM

yes the drivers are current i downloaded and installed them just prior to this post. I did notice there was no sign of any blue tooth radios in device manager. On the other hand all services for blue tooth were started and running in system services, including intel specific services. i just cant wrap my head around this.

thankx 

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:22 PM

Have you install the bluetooth application download link below.

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows 7*

- Dalai Lama

#5 hooftey01

hooftey01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

Actually I did. I looked back in my browsing history and found this: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26065/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-Windows-7-?product=75442. as i said before I just installed this prior to this post. I have been trying to iron out this problem for month now. I even E-Mailed Sony Support. They basically said " What are you doing messing around with our Wonderful  configuration of parts which makes a whole". No solution, just ridicule. Basically saying thats your problem. I even disabled all the Sony bloat ware thats installed but with no happy ending. But thanks for your effort FreeBooter.

Karl K

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,650 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:15 PM

See if changing the Router channel helps. Also check this thread on tweaking your router and adapter settings though your adapter may not have the ones listed.

#7 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:01 PM

To get started with using Bluetooth, you’ll need to pair your Bluetooth device with your PC.
  • Turn on your Bluetooth device and make it discoverable.

The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. Check the device or visit the manufacturer's website to learn how.
  • Select the Start button > Devices and Printers.
  • Select Add a device > select the device > Next.
  • Follow any other instructions that might appear. Otherwise, you're done and connected.
Your Bluetooth device and PC will usually automatically connect anytime the two devices are in range of each other with Bluetooth turned on.

- Dalai Lama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users