Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 upgrade can't remove a program

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fred11

Fred11

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:46 PM

Hello,

I am upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1, and the system returns that i need to remove "Buffalo TurboPC EX Series" that is used in conjunction with my NAS.

The program does not exist in the list of installed programs.

I ran the registry cleaner in CCleaner to no avail.

I am using Malwarebyes AV and Antiexploit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred Zucchero

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:29 PM

G'day Fred,

Try with REVO UNINSTALLER  ....the Free version is fine. (scroll dow the page for the free version)

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Fred11

Fred11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:53 PM

G'day Condobloke,

I installed Revo and it does not find the program installed. Ideas?

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:47 PM

Only reason the program not listed at Programs and Features window because you are using registry cleaner like CCleaner.
You can use Revo Uninstaller Hunter Mode to uninstall applications read the Revo Uninstaller User Manual to learn how to use Hunter Mode.
Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

There are numerous programs which purport to improve system performance, make repairs and tune up a computer. Many of them include such features as a registry cleaner, registry optimizer, disk optimizer, etc. Some of these programs even incorporate optimization and registry cleaning features alongside anti-malware capabilities. These registry cleaners and optimizers claim to speed up your computer by finding and removing orphaned and corrupt registry entries that are responsible for slowing down system performance. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims. Advertisements to do so are borderline scams intended to goad users into using an unnecessary and potential dangerous product.

Credit for this goes to Quietman7, one of our Global Moderators.

Revo Uninstaller User's Guide

Posted Image

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:35 PM

Install and run  EVERYTHING 

It will scan and 'everything' on the pc will be listed there. Right click and choose delete for what you wish to remove.

Please be sure you have a backup to an external hard drive before you remove anything. Remember...once its gone....its gone !!

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

May bad i forget to give you the Revo Uninstaller User Manual link.

Revo Uninstaller User Manual

Posted Image

#7 Fred11

Fred11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:02 AM

Thanks to everyone for all the help. Using search mode I found about ten files related to Buffalo. Deleted them and the upgrade to Windows 10 went off without a hitch.

I appreciate the response and help.

Fred Zucchero

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:03 AM

You are very welcome, we are glad to help you resolve your issue!

Posted Image

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:23 AM

You are quite Welcome, Fred11

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users