Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shopping for a new Laptop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dolecek

dolecek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

I'm going to be buying a new laptop in the next month. I will be using it for college, but my main use is for producing,recording via midi. There are so many options so I need some guidance. I do not play games, so my main use is recording. First there is the processor to consider. I was thinking an Intel i5, from what I have read an i7 would be more than what I would even use, I also noticed if I went with an AMD I could save a few bucks that way but at the same time i absolutely do not want to sacrifice quality especially since I will be using this for recording my music using the program Ableton. Can i get an AMD good as the intel at a fraction of the cost without losing quality? Then I'm wondering if i should get 8gigs of ram or 16. I don't want to waste money on extra ram that i won't even use. Then a solid state drive sounds so exciting as fast as it is and as reliable as people say it is. Then there is brands. In the day HP was low quality, i'm not sure how they are now. Dell makes great machines but it seems like your paying extra for the name. Right now I have a cheap dell from walmart ith an i3 and 4 gigs of ram. I have been looking at ASUS for the last 2 weeks and it just seems they give you more for your buck. I also always thought acer makes low quality computers, is this still true? I'm not sure about lenovo. My budget would be no more than $1200, but I would love to find the perfect laptop for 700-800 ut at the same time I refuse to lose quality. So should I go with 8 or 16 g of ram? what about processor an i5 or AMD? I love the speed of a solid state drive, but do i really need it or are they really  more dependable than a sata?....i could also get more if i get a laptop with a 13' screen, i was going to get a 15...so what should i do? what should i get? what brand.... I'm also going to be buying from the microsoft store because they remove all bloatware on their machines? should i sacrifice screen size? the one i have been looking at is an asus for $1000 it has everything i wanted, but should i get something cheaper? is it worth going with the cheaper smaller screen ? amd? intel? sata or solid state...what brand...please help me decide

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users