Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Midwestern PT IT guy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wakko99

wakko99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

Hello everyone,

You can call me Wakko (from the Animaniacs, if you must know that I am not crazy) and I've not posted before. I've used the site many times for inquiries into issues or for information, but haven't posted. I thought that it was about time to do so. I actually forgot that I had registered here.

I work in somewhat of a tech company outside of ORD (O'Hare) which has around 100 employees and I TRY to maintain 130+ machines. I feel that I am in a losing battle many days, but life goes on, right?

I studied Physics for UG, minor in Math and Spanish, and I've been thinking of Automotive Engineering for a Masters, since I've been working with those for the past 20 years, unofficially. Experience in computers involves fixing/breaking and fixing my own computer as well as those of my friends/family. I have no formal training, other than 2 years of Cisco training when I was in High School and which didn't stick too well. My experience with computers led into me being hired at my present job doing Part-time IT support. I can fix many of the issues, but some still have me stumped.

I look forward to interacting with some people on here, both being helped and helping some others out with similar issues that I've seen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

I have no formal training either (some places prefer that) but i do however have 18 years (and counting) experience.  and don't worry about not being able to answer some questions, there's some that stump everyone,  but that's why we're here, to help, and put our brains together!.

Welcome to BC!

-ViperSec.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#3 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 387 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:28 PM

Welcome to BC Wakko!

No formal training her either but have 31 years experience and I still don't "know it all". As a matter a fact the more I learn the more I realize I don't know, if that makes sense! Great bunch of guys around here that's for sure.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards,
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users