Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Applications lose focus when I click on them

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LouieK22

LouieK22

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:45 PM

I have a Windows 7 Home Edition x64 laptop that I need to repair for a friend. Currently, it works fine except that clicking on a window de-focuses it. I have made sure the computer is virus free and reinstalled the touchpad drivers multiple times.

Thanks,

Louie

EDIT: Plugging in another mouse works just fine.

Edited by hamluis, 01 July 2016 - 02:38 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

Sorry can you explain the issue some more are you saying even do you click application to bring focus on that clicked program it loses focus when there is no interaction with the application for some amount of time?

Posted Image

#3 LouieK22

LouieK22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:24 PM

@FreeBooter If I say, open FireFox, then click on the address bar the application will lose focus. Same with any application, clicking anywhere on the window cause it to lose focus and not be able to click it.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

It might be antivirus program causing the issue uninstall the antivirus program see issue resolves if not boot Windows into Safe Mode and if issue will get resolve in Safe Mode then one of the startup programs or third party services causing the issue perform clean boot  to find out which of the startup programs and services causing the issue.

Posted Image

#5 LouieK22

LouieK22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:25 PM

It's not an AV causing the issue. It came up in safe mode and the computer had no AV on it when I found the problem.

#6 WebWalker67

WebWalker67

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:30 AM

You have problem with your notebook touchpad?

Have you try a mouse?

#7 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:45 AM

Fix it Center finds and fixes many common PC and device problems automatically. It also helps prevent new problems by proactively checking for known issues and installing updates. This small download will download the entire program which you can then copy to a portable device if needed. You should still perform clean boot even do issue persist within Safe Mode. With some Dell laptops turned off the keyboard ambient automatic sensor from Windows Mobility Center some Dell laptop user report issue is resolved after turning off this setting. Install all latest device drivers from either laptop manufacturer website or from devices manufacturer website.

Edited by FreeBooter, 01 July 2016 - 12:46 AM.

Posted Image

#8 LouieK22

LouieK22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:51 AM

My friend took the notebook back today and just said that they would use a mouse. Since the mouse was working fine with it.

#9 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:19 AM

Are you telling us this issue only happened with touchpad?

Posted Image

#10 LouieK22

LouieK22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:54 PM

FreeBooter, yes the issue only appeared with the touchpad.

#11 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:43 PM

Have you install the previous touchpad driver maybe latest version of the driver is buggy also before installing the touchpad driver uninstall the currently install driver from Device Manager and delete the driver from driver store if there is a option to do so when uninstalling the driver. May i ask where are you downloading the touchpad driver from?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users