Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wmiprsrvse.exe repeatedly loads a .jpg file

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jsallen

jsallen

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

This seems to happen when I try to play a particular .MTS video file in Windows Media Player.

wmiprsrvse.exe repeatedly loads the file PICT0001.JPG into windows/temp, then the file unloads and reloads about once every two seconds. This happens repeatedly as long as the computer is running, and uses the CPU heavily. The file is on a CD-ROM which was sent to me. I just remembered to check whether the drive was occupied. I did not select the file or try to access it in any way when this started to happen. At one time, I'm not sure how, this file replaced the wallpaper image on my screen. There are many other image files on the drive including ones earlier in the alphabetical list. All are in a folder on the drive: the only top-level file is desktop,ini. I'm going to remove the CD-ROM but i'm wondering whether any damage has been done and how I can prevent this kind of weirdness.

I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit on a Powerpec G160 computer with an nVidia Geforce GTX650 graphics adapter.

Edited by jsallen, 30 June 2016 - 04:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users