Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows update will not download updates - stuck at 0% downloading

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shawn77bird

shawn77bird

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:16 AM

please help with specify;thanks;Everytime I start windows update it won't download the updates. The bar keeps on running but nothing downloads and the percentage stays at 0%.
Whats wrong? Anything I can do to fix this?

Edited by hamluis, 30 June 2016 - 12:25 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Win 7 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,485 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

Hi shawn :)

What version of Windows are you using?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 shawn77bird

shawn77bird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:52 AM

windows 7

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,485 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

Do you have the SP1 installed? How long to do you leave it be?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:00 PM

Download the batch script i have attached to my post and run the batch script as a administrator to reset Windows Update components you will be prompted to rstart your computer which you should so make sure to save all open files and close opened programs before running the batch script.

Attached File  ResetWindowsUpdateComponents.bat   71.74KB   733 downloads

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

@ shawn77bird #1

You appear to have an identical topic running at 'Geekstogo'. while this is not wrong it does mean you stand the risk of getting conflicting advice which is not being seen by all parties to this discussion. This can cause confusion, aggravate your problem and cause it to take longer to fix !

It is better to let one forum's members have their go at offering advice and only then, if they run out of ideas, take the problem to a different forum..

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away on holiday until the 13th May. While I expect to have internet access my time on-line may well be limited and PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users