Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows keeps nagging me about "low performance". Windows is a dirty liar.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlameOfDrones

BlameOfDrones

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:19 AM

In the last few days, Windows has started giving me warnings about "slow performance".  Sometimes it tells me it's automatically closed certain running programs, often it disables Aero and all the UI effects. I'm getting this up to a few times a day.

I've got an i7-2760QM, 8 GB RAM, nVidia Quadro 1000M 2GB VRAM, Crucial MX100 series SSD. My WEI is 6.7. Not slow.

I have CoreTemp and GPU Meter gadgets running to watch the performance measurements, and they are never anywhere near capacity.  RAM is at about half, GPU is at a lowly 5% usage.  There's never any perceivable performance dip when Windows starts nagging me about "performance"  There's got to be something messed up in the Windows system files or something.

I've updated the VGA drivers (problem persists), repair install isn't really an option since the system volume is encrypted. sfc "found corrupt files and successfully repaired them", it hasn't actually fixed anything.

Short of doing a clean install (which I should do, but don't currently have the time or desire), what else can I look for?  Is there a configuration option to just say, "stop nagging me about performance"?  The action center options are useless.

Edited by BlameOfDrones, 30 June 2016 - 08:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:30 AM

Please post the exact error message.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 BlameOfDrones

BlameOfDrones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

I can tell you anything you need to know about my system.

Here's the speccy screenshot anyway:

JlEmk1s.jpg

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:59 PM

You didn't follow the instructions.  If you had you would have created a link which would appear in your topic.  When this link is used it will produce a great deal more information than what you posted.  It will produce something similar to what I've posted below.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/t6wnEd6DysdLhe3dcpfyzBC

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:09 PM

Please follow my instructions at my tutorial link is below to boost performance of Windows OS.

Tweaking & Optimizing Windows

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users