After trying to burn music onto a dvd disk, the player stopped reading everything.
1. I disabled and enabled.
2. I uninstalled and reinstalled.
3. MS Support gave me some diagnostics to run with no result, except ...
4. When trying to run the related Mr. Fix-it tools, a window pops up
It states, "Scripted Diagnostics Scripted Host has stopped working"
5. I click on Debug, which yields an error code 0x800706BE
6. I don't know if it's related, but when using the Resource Monitor, a pop-up
window states, "systemsetting.exe is suspended".
Prior to trying to burn a cd onto a dvd, I was able to copy a cd into my
music library and a cd I burned onto a disk worked fine.
The DVD player is: TSST corp CDDVDW SU-208GB.
The OS is Windows 8.1
The laptop is an MSI GT72 2QD Dominator
I stay on top of updates, etc.
Thank you in advance.