Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SAMSUNG MANUFACTURED PHONE BUT GIVES NO SUPPORT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:54 PM

This is rather long - sorry about that but hopefully someone will read it anyway.  I bought a Samsung almost a year ago.   A Cell Phone - one of the main reasons I chose this phone was its water-resistant properties.   I bought the phone from Amazon.com.   Apparently it was manufactured for the European market.   I need some guidance/answers but nobody can/will provide it.   Amazon seller says talk to Samsung - Samsung says sorry we aren't responsible its not a USA phone - they don't provide any contact with Samsung for non-USA PHONES.

I can't email Samsung because before you can do that you have to select from the drop-down list the model and the model isn't listed because it only lists USA PHONES.

You can't have an online chat for answers - once they find out its a USA PHONE they say "so sorry but buzz off" - I tried Twitter and got the same results, i.e. they would be happy to help but once I give them the model number they say we're so sorry but that's not a USA PHONE.

They made the damn thing - they profited from making/selling but SORRY BUZZ OFF.

What I am trying to do is get some headphones because on certain calls the sound quality is so bad you can only decipher every 3rd or 4th word.    So I ordered some Samsung headphones and they didn't work - I'm trying to find out why not and which ones to order but Samsung ain't talking.   I don't know if there's some "installation" procedure I'm missing.   The phone is advertised as having bluetooth capabilities but it doesn't say how just that it has it and of course here again Samsung gives no information.

'

I'm frustrated as heck as I paid about $100 for this phone and I'm not getting anywhere.

Is there something I'm not doing?    I just discovered the headphones I've been trying to get to work on my laptop and that the manufacturer couldn't help me figure out only needed to be installed but nobody from the manufacturer told me that I figured it out myself so maybe this is more of the same.

There's so much crap going on right now this is just one of them - I'm frustrated with manufacturers who make stuff but then claim no responsibility for its function.  There is a place to plug in headphones so there must be some that work but how do I know which ones?  Does anyone know how to get to the product discussions on Amazon - they exist but I don't know how you find them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

Why don't you ask Euro-Samsung?

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support

As far as you headset issues, Bluetooth headsets require you connect them with the phone's software. The phone should have a manual that explains how to connect Bluetooth Headsets.

I may be able to tell you how to do the Bluetooth thing. What model of Samsung phone is yours, JayJax?

#3 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:06 PM

Why don't you ask Euro-Samsung?

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support

As far as you headset issues, Bluetooth headsets require you connect them with the phone's software. The phone should have a manual that explains how to connect Bluetooth Headsets.

I may be able to tell you how to do the Bluetooth thing. What model of Samsung phone is yours, JayJax?

Thanks I will give that a try - I asked Samsung for a link to contact non-USA help but they never responded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users