Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with adware that hijacks Google Chrome!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Relative

Relative

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:37 AM

Hello everybody, I am having trouble using Google Chrome. When I open a new tab in Chrome, it will open a page called hxxp://searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net as the newtab page(it won't open due to MBAM blocking it) and when I search on the omnibox(address bar), it will open a google page but then before even seeing anything load it will redirect to Yahoo!, but that is blocked too because of MBAM. I've tried running an MBAM scan to it finding lots of stuff about Yontoo, which I removed. I then restarted my computer. I started Google Chrome and to my avail, it wasn't fixed. Every other browser(IE and FF) was fixed however... I then proceeded to run AdwCleaner, which keeps detecting the same thing as MBAM if I run additional MBAM scans. ("C:\Users\relat\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxps_searchadventure-a.akamaihd.net_0.localstorage" and "C:\Users\relat\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxps_searchadventure-a.akamaihd.net_0.localstorage-journal") Those two items are always detected as PUP.Optional.Yontoo. I restarted after running AdwCleaner and still it was not fixed. I've ran Junkware Removal Tool(JRT) which did not fix anything either. I am having much trouble removing this on my own. I hope you guys can help me! I could not paste my FRST log in the topic since it is too long because I did a clean install less than a month ago prompting it to show every file/folder created within that time... I hope you guys don't care that I attached both of the FRST logs!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Relative

Relative
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

I decided to reinstall Google Chrome, and of course everything is perfectly fine now! Before I ran all the software to try to get it off my system, I reinstalled Chrome, which didn't work. After I ran all the software to clean the system, I reinstalled and it didn't work either! I now reinstalled and it works perfectly for now. You can close the thread now. Thanks!

#3 pystryker

pystryker

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:08 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

I close my topics if there is no response after 3 days. Please PM a moderator or myself to reopen your topic.

Please PM me only if I'm helping you with your computer issues and I have not responded in 2 days. Please remember, I'm a volunteer and sometimes life does get in the way. :)

Please stay with me until I declare your machine clean. Absence of symptoms does not ensure your machine is clean.

If you'd like to make a donation via Paypal, please click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users