Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

un-connecting accounts in Outlook.com

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mugs001

mugs001

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:39 PM

In Outlook.com I want to un-connect one email account from another.

I had connected “B” to “A” successfully. When I’m on the Outlook.com web interface, “B” sits inside of “A”. It sits the same way on my home PC when I’m in Microsoft Office Outlook 2013.

Later I realized I wanted it to be a separate account on the web interface (I know I’d have to log into it separately) and also sit by itself as a separate account in my home PC’s Outlook 2013 (I know I’d have to add it as a new email account).

Now, when I log into “A” on the web, the gear/options path does not show me a “connected accounts” option. I also can’t find anything in the full options list regarding connected accounts. The web interface for the “A” account has a blue bar at the top and is called “Outlook.com.”

When I log into the “B” account the interface has a black bar at the top and is called Outlook Mail. There, in the gear/options path, I do see “connected accounts” but my two connected accounts don’t appear.

I don’t understand why the interfaces are different for both accounts. They are both “***@outlook.com” addresses. Also not sure if that has anything to do with it. In any case I’m not sure where to go in order to un-connect or separate the two accounts. Can you help?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users