Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loss of Video (Black Screen) only when Games Start

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DoubleOhXero

DoubleOhXero

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:19 PM

This issue appeared approximately one month now with this issue. I can run my computer for several hours with no issue. I can video chat, stream HD video, and do both at the same time. Whenever a game starts however, I get loss of video and have to restart my computer to get my display back. When I say "start a game," I can make it through launch, title screens, and loading screens. When the game actually begins to the "playing" portion is when the crash happens. It happens every time without fail. The three games it has happened on are League of Legends, Depth, and Witcher 3. I have run Kombustor through MSI Afterburner and this Graphics test runs without any issue. I have let it go for 20+ minutes. The Voltage reading from MSI Afterburner reads 867mV and when running Kombustor it jumps to ~1.1mV. While idling the CPU is running at 35 degrees C and GPU is at 28 degrees C. While running Kombustor, CPU goes up to ~73 degrees C and GPU ~62 degrees C after four minutes.

Things I have tried thus far:

Re-seating the Graphics Card
Re-seating the RAM
Swapping ports for both GPU and RAM
Dusting
Wiping and reinstalling Graphics Drivers
RMA the GPU and received a new one
Raising fan speeds through MSI Afterburner
Swapping between DVI, VGA, and HDMI cables

System Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM (2: 4G HyperX)
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
Page File: 4025MB used, 10259MB available
PSU: Corsair 750x

My PC is just about over a year old and this is my first custom build. I am at a loss as to where to go next. Any assistance with this would be most appreciated.

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users