Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2TB Hard Drive not showing up in Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stebbinsd

stebbinsd

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:47 PM

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed, using the instructions on this webpage: http://www.overclock.net/t/1227647/how-to-initialize-and-format-a-new-disk-for-use-in-windows

I just installed a refurbished 2TB hard drive. When I fired up the computer, Windows automatically downloaded and installed the drivers, and finished by having a green check beside the words "ready for use." I know this was the drivers for the 2TB hard drive, since it said "Hitachi" at the beginning of the name of the product it was installing the drivers for, and this is the only Hitachi product I own.

However, when enter the Start Menu and select "computer," my main 500GB hard drive is still the only one listed.

No_Hitachi_hard_drive.png

What's going on? The computer definitely RECOGNIZES the hard drive! How else could it have installed the drivers automatically upon start-up? So, why the hell isn't it showing up?

Edited by hamluis, 28 June 2016 - 08:32 PM.

My current build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
Processor: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 12GB (2x2GB+8GB)
Video Card: Geforce GTX 750ti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,638 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:50 PM

How is the drive listed in Disk Management? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users