Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Not Connected. You are currently connected to this network"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:40 PM

My mom's desktop running Windows XP will no longer connect to the internet with her linksys wireless adapter anymore. It says "Wireless Network Connection 5" and "Not Connected" I told her to do some troubleshooting while I was at work like restarting the computer, repairing the connection, unplugging the adapter etc. none of which worked. When I got home, I tried to see what was wrong, but nothing I do fixes it either. It doesn't automatically connect to our home network anymore, and when I try to manually connect, It always hangs on "Waiting For Network" where it sits for 5 minutes and then does nothing. in the Wireless Networks, I get the message, "Not Connected. You are currently connected to this network" which said "no results for" "Searching without quotes" on Google despite that exact text came up in the search suggestions. She needs the Internet for her court date on Thursday because she needs to print off the evidence.

Can anybody tell me what is going on and how to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:46 PM

Can I please get some help here? Mom is bleeping at me because it is not working. Thanks

#3 WebWalker67

WebWalker67

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:00 AM

First make sure the Windows XP is already SP3 (Service Pack 3) installed.

Test the WIFI adapter in another pc/notebook (WIFI adapter do spoiled)

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

Uninstall and reinstall linksys wireless adapter driver.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users