Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Flight Restrictions

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:16 PM

New flight restrictions were issued following an alleged terror plot.

In addition, Continental, Delta, Northwest and United advised passengers to arrive three hours early for flights.

The new rules include:

No liquids or gels of any kind in carry-on baggage. The items must be in checked luggage. They include all beverages, shampoo, sun tan lotion, creams, toothpaste, and hair gel.

Baby formula and medicines are exempt from the ban, but must be presented for inspection.

All flights from the United Kingdom must send passenger information for intensive screening before departure. Passengers on international flights will be subject to heightened inspection upon arrival in the U.S.

British airlines went even further, banning all carry-on luggage except for keys, wallets, glasses and other essentials. Medications and baby formula are being allowed.

CNN

Continental Airlines Baggage policy HERE

Terrorists don't quit...so don't you
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:36 PM

What's to stop someone from putting a liquid bomb thing in the luggage and blow the plane up?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 toshibauser

toshibauser

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

^ apparently these flight suspensions

i think the only way to stop terrorism on planes is to stop planes
if someone or a group wants to blow up a plane bad enough, theyll figure out a workaround and get the job done one way or another, so thank the airports for taking an interest in your security, cause i doubt this helps them in any way.

Edited by toshibauser, 11 August 2006 - 03:02 PM.

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:10 PM

Have just had an email from 'EasyJet' it states...

All passengers will be hand searched, as well as their footwear and
all of the items they are carrying will be x-ray screened.

Passengers may take through the airport security search point, in a
single (ideally transparent) plastic carrier bag, only the following
items.

Nothing may be carried in pockets:

* pocket size wallets and pocket size purses plus contents (for
example money, credit cards, identity cards etc (not handbags));

* travel documents essential for the journey (for example passports
and travel tickets);

* prescription medicines and medical items sufficient and essential
for the flight (eg, diabetic kit), except in liquid form unless
verified as authentic.

* spectacles and sunglasses, without cases.

* contact lens holders, without bottles of solution.

* for those traveling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of
each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and sanitary
items sufficient and essential for the flight (nappies, wipes, creams
and nappy disposal bags).

* female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if
unboxed (eg tampons, pads, towels and wipes).

* tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs

* keys (but no electrical key fobs)

if this is what it takes.... so be it

BBPP6nz.png

#5 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:48 PM

Have just had an email from 'EasyJet' it states...

All passengers will be hand searched, as well as their footwear and
all of the items they are carrying will be x-ray screened.

Passengers may take through the airport security search point, in a
single (ideally transparent) plastic carrier bag, only the following
items.

Nothing may be carried in pockets:

* pocket size wallets and pocket size purses plus contents (for
example money, credit cards, identity cards etc (not handbags));

* travel documents essential for the journey (for example passports
and travel tickets);

* prescription medicines and medical items sufficient and essential
for the flight (eg, diabetic kit), except in liquid form unless
verified as authentic.

* spectacles and sunglasses, without cases.

* contact lens holders, without bottles of solution.

* for those traveling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of
each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and sanitary
items sufficient and essential for the flight (nappies, wipes, creams
and nappy disposal bags).

* female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if
unboxed (eg tampons, pads, towels and wipes).

* tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs

* keys (but no electrical key fobs)

and
if this is what it takes.... so be it

Im fked then, I need solution for my lenses, need something to put them in, my keys are magnetic, and I have lots of booze to bring with me as presents to people.. Haha, oh well..

#6 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:45 PM

What about people that just want to carry a bottle of water...

And they have to taste the milk to prove that it is milk...

Soon we will have to board the plane buck naked to prove that we don't have anything with us and we will have to get a cavity search :thumbsup:

BTW about the thing of butting the bomb in your luggage it is that the bomb would have to already be built and this would be detected on the xray machines before they get loaded onto the plane and if anything is suspicious the airports will open your bags to investigate. (Did you ever wonder what happens once your bag goes through that curtain and through the wall.

And this liquid bomb thing and assembeling was already attempted and the terrorist succeded. He filled a contact lense bottle with the solution and used an electronic wrist watch that he wore and that had little holes on the side (barely visible) to attach the wires to and make the bomb. He then hid it in the lifejacket pouch (a place they don't normally look into when cleaning the plane, and on the next flight the bomb exploded killing one and injuring many people.

Why are they panicking now that they foiled an attempt when there was already an attempt like this that succeded... Why not and not then...

#7 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:23 PM

Don't they xray and dig trough your carry-on baggage as well? Or did I dream up that part?

EDIT: With all these restrictions causing endless lines at airports, won't it be easier to just blow up a part of a airport and not bother to get the bomb aboard a plane? With everyone arriving three hours early there will probably be enough people to get the same loss of life.

Edited by Mr Alpha, 14 August 2006 - 07:28 PM.

"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#8 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:39 PM

Plus a bomb in the terminal would cripple that terminal for weeks even months for repairs and stuff... If a place blows up you lose less people and the plane crashes into the ocean...

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,326 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:29 PM

The terrorists prefer to make us afraid to get on a plane. One can work around a damaged terminal. Also a larger device would be needed and much harder to deliver. Or they'd be doing that routinely. They feel if we don't fly,we fear it, they can ruin our and other economies. It is cheaper for them. More bang for the buck.. I know,bad pun. But a smaller device in an oxygen rich,pressurized area is what they are after. Here it's not so much body count or damage, as plain old "terrorism."
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

Soon we will have to board the plane buck naked to prove that we don't have anything with us and we will have to get a cavity search

Naked plane ride yuck....
Just take a private plane or get your own if you fly a lot. They also sell them on Ebay!

#11 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:32 PM

I love ebay so much

Well if you are the only guy flying first class with the Playboy models, my opinion might change :thumbsup: but think of what touched your seat before you...

#12 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:07 AM

Finaly I found a more clear story

The England based plot to bring down 10 airplanes is very reminiscent of a plan thwarted in 1995. In that plot, known as the “Bojinka Plot”, Ramzi Yousef and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed had plans to bring down 11 planes at once that would be flying across the Pacific Ocean. The terrorists had moved to the Manila Phillipines, where they believed it would be easier to get the explosives on the planes. At least five al Qaeda bombers were to be used to plant the improvised bombs in the life jackets under the seats. They used contact lens solution bottles to hide home made nitroglycerin and they used cheap digital watches, light bulb filaments, and 9-volt batteries as timing devices and detonators. They even tested a small version of the bomb on a Phillipines Airlines Flight that killed a Japanese businessman and injured 10 people. The full plot was stopped just days before it was to be implemented when the terrorists accidentally started a fire in their apartment while mixing chemicals.

There was also a show on the discovery channel about this.

Edited by Klinkaroo, 17 August 2006 - 12:07 AM.

#13 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:35 PM

I'm getting tired of this crap.

Next thing you know, they'll want to strip search everyone.

This is all a load of crap. I didn't mind the intensive screening of the bags, but if I can't any higiene products on a plane, I have to suffer when I arrive at my destination?

I'm all for stopping terrorism, without giving up all my luggage. Next thing we won't be allowed to take anything on a plane.

#14 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:37 PM

Blame it on the islamic fascists's. A bonus of their war of terror is that our freedoms are being taken away.

I'm sure they love that fact!

Thier usage of ordinary everyday items as explosive materials,
may just be why they use them....

Think about it.
Posted Image

#15 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:36 PM

It's scarry how you can take ordinary "everyday" objects and assemble a bomb out of. I'm waiting for the day, when America turns into Iraq. Where you have to be careful of unattented cars and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users