Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kalmly

kalmly

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

I have several problems actually, but let's start with this one. When I was trying to figure out why my wifi mouse and keyboard periodically quit working, I looked in Event Viewer and found many, many errors of the Event ID 11 category:  The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.  The first error date is 6/20/2016.  After that they become numerous. Now showing up every few hours.

Can anyone tell me what that means?

Thanks.

HP Pavilion 500-267c

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

Use HDD Diagnostic Tool for your computer connected hard disk drive with HDD Diagnostic Tool you can view SMART health report it shows if HDD in good working order or malfunctioning you can also repair minor surface errors on HDD with HDD Diagnostic Tool. For more information visit below website link.

Hard Drive Diagnostics

http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users