Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop keyboard not recognised

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 schtee

schtee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:14 AM

Apologies, i realise now this is in the wrong forum! 

Hi,

I've been handed a laptop to try and fix, and i've honestly ran out of ideas so here's hoping you can help!

The laptop in question is a Packard Bell EasyNote TS13HR, originally Windows 7 but updated to 10.

The issue is the keyboard isn't recognised, I was told the guy had intentionally uninstalled it because it wan't working correctly, one would assume if this was the case Windows would recognise the driver was missing and automatically update it, but for whatever reason it's failing to do that. 

Under devices the keyboard simply isn't there, and in the keyboard option via the control panel, under 'hardware', there's nothing at all - it's blank. 

One thing to note is the function keys are working, ie I can adjust the brightness, volume etc, but the when attempting to use the keyboard there's a sound but nothing happens.

I've looked on the Packard Bell site for the relevant drivers but can't find anything, and when i've used third party software to search for drivers nothing is found!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

Edited by schtee, 28 June 2016 - 11:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:33 AM

Have you tried another keyboard (?USB)

If so, what happened?

Have you disassembled the laptop to check the connections?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 schtee

schtee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

I managed to resolve the problem in the end, I found a bit of software that updated all of the out dated drivers and in the process reinstalled the missing ones for the keyboard.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

Not a problem.  I'm glad that you managed to fix it.  Thanks for letting us know.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users