Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

I am helping a friend that has Windows 7 clean his computer.  It is a Toshiba Satellite.  It has 4 gigs of ram and is 64bit.

The problem I am having is that it will not go on the net wirelessly.  He is not able to get on the internet wirelessly but can with an Ethernet cable.

I went on line and read to go to the Device Manager and then to Network.  Expanded it and it was suggested that I uninstall (not delete) the Teredo Tunelling Pseudo Interface.  I went into the device manager and found that the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface is not working.   have done that and after restarting it no longer shows under Networking. 

After restarting the Teredo is gone and the other Network adaptors appear to be working.  I am not able to get on the internet wirelessly.

I have looked all over the net and can't seem to find a way to correct this.

Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 28 June 2016 - 09:21 AM.
Merged posts - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Seranok_*

Guest_Seranok_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:17 AM

Uninstalling drivers is sort of like updating drivers.
Check for intel wireless pro set tools.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:36 AM

What is the model of this Satellite?

Do you have other wireless devices which work with your router?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

You may find that the wireless part of your network card has failed; get a wireless dongle that plugs into the UBS port, install the drivers and you are back up and running.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704045&cm_re=TP-LINK-_-33-704-045-_-Product

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users