Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Eyefinity 6 Software is not Working I Think. Definitely something Wrong Here.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp

• Members
  • 298 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:46 AM

I just set up my Eyefinty 6 7870 with 6 monitors on a bookshelf two on each shelf for Wall St. trading and newswatching not for gaming. This is the GPU model I'm using: http://www.powercolor.com/us/News.asp?id=1155 

I went into windows 10 display settings, and I could arrange them from top to bottom find. Each screen was individual, and I could move the mouse and drag windows around from top to bottom and side to side easily. It was right at first. I started messing around with the AMD software, and would only give me a single desktop view which I suppose is ideal for gaming only on my setup it was horribly zoomed in, the icons were all oversized, and the picture quality was grainy. Also I could not adjust the monitors in the order I wanted from bottom to top of the bookshelf. I found that I could only activate 5 monitors instead of all six with the AMD, and that was not what I wanted. 

I went online to research how to put things back to the way they were, but I didn't find anything. I downloaded the Crimson, and then I could only get two monitors to work, and one is zoomed in, app icons oversized, and the picture is grainy. 

I can't open advanced settings on the AMD software. I click them, but they won't open. I can't adjust the windows display settings to detect the other monitors just the two. Nothing seems to work now. What do I do to get the monitors to set up from bottom to top clearly and individually. 

Again this is not about gaming. It's a trading and newswatching workstation.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,346 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:22 AM

Try to uninstall AMD drivers and install them again.

#3 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 298 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:25 AM

Tried that, and the exact same thing occurred.  Very aggravating.  

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,346 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:47 AM

Tried that, and the exact same thing occurred.  Very aggravating.

I recommend adjusting display settings on built in Windows tools OR graphic card manufacturer drivers only. If using both, that will probably cause problems. Also Windows 10 may have issues with other than normal setups (like that 6 display combo), Windows 7 might be better choice. And just uninstalling drivers probably is not good enough, try to use special uninstaller. They may cause problems so I don't recommend any spesific software for that. Googling display driver uninstaller gives plenty options.

#5 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 298 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:59 AM

Both the Windows display settings and the AMD display settings are corrupted it seems like.  I'll try the uninstaller. 

#6 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 298 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:14 AM

I tried two of these uninstallers, and nothing happened.  Not a thing.  AMD Driver is still there.  Everything.  This is really frustrating.  I need to get this workstation up and running. 

#7 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,346 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:20 AM

I tried two of these uninstallers, and nothing happened.  Not a thing.  AMD Driver is still there.  Everything.  This is really frustrating.  I need to get this workstation up and running.

Reinstall Windows or use Win 10 restore option.

#8 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 298 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

When I do that, do you know if Google kind of saves the tabs I'm on?  Do they save that like they save your bookmarks on their servers?  I have a study going on on all of my tabs, and I don't want to lose all of those tabs. 

#9 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,346 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:34 AM

When I do that, do you know if Google kind of saves the tabs I'm on?  Do they save that like they save your bookmarks on their servers?  I have a study going on on all of my tabs, and I don't want to lose all of those tabs.

I use Firefox, no idea about Chrome, sorry.

#10 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 298 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:28 AM

The software if crashing on me now.  I did a full scalding uninstall all folders and files, and reinstall of the GPU software.  I didn't do an OS clean install though because I'm worried about losing stuff like the tabs on this browser.  

The software is complete crap.  A screen or two blinking on and off randomly, the ability to arrange the displays is kiddy quality, and I mean really dumb, and bad.  I've had to reinstall several times just trying to arrange displays in it because it gets stuck, and it won't let you undo what you've done.  The GPU and Memory speed can't be adjust.  Oh, you can adjust them down, but there's no way to adjust them up no matter how many times you click apply.  And it froze twice on me giving me vertical lines, and I couldn't do anything, so I had to hard shut down.  

Anyone know what the deal is?  

#11 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,346 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:02 AM

Solution for tabs https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tabcloud/npecfdijgoblfcgagoijgmgejmcpnhof

And after that I recommend reinstalling Windows.

#12 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 298 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:41 AM

Problem solved.  

It has to do with active DP adapters instead of passive DP adapters.  The active ones have chips in them to convert to VGA, DVI, or HDMI.  

Read the reviews on this Eyefinity 6 different manufacturer though:  

#13 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,346 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:17 AM

Problem solved.  

It has to do with active DP adapters instead of passive DP adapters.  The active ones have chips in them to convert to VGA, DVI, or HDMI.  

Read the reviews on this Eyefinity 6 different manufacturer though:  

Oh yeah, I already forgot you had DVI and HDMI monitors.

#14 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 298 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:17 AM

No, they're all old VGA monitors. 

#15 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,346 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:20 AM

No, they're all old VGA monitors. 

Well, anyway your system seems to be finally running, so congratulations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users