Now that your computer is running well it is my great pleasure to proclaim to you the Good News!
Your machine appears to be clean and we will now remove the tools used and logs created during our steps. Please do this.
Delfix by Xplode
- Download Delfix and save it to your Desktop
- Double click the icon
- Place checkmarks in:
Remove disinfection tools
Create registry backup
Purge system restore
- Click Run
You may delete any additional programs or logs on your computer which were not automatically removed by Delfix. Simply delete the log files or desktop icons. If we used Emsisoft Emergency Kit just delete the icon on your desktop and the C:\EEK folder.
Please take the time to read below on how to secure the machine and take the necessary steps to keep it clean
Lawrence Abrams, the founder of BleepingComputer.com, has developed an excellent tutorial which will provide you with the information you need to know to keep your computer secure and clean. Please take the time to read:In addition, here are some more links you might find of interest:
- Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware guards against CryptoLocker which encrypts your files making them inaccessible. <<< Very Important. For more information read the explanation by quietman7
- Miekies' prevention suggestions
- So How did I get infected?
- Microsoft - 'Security at home'
- How to backup your Data with Cobian Backup: because you never know when your harddisk might fail or your data gets corrupted (CryptoLocker)
- osalt: Find (free) open source alternatives to known commercial software.