Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Logging into Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maximumrock

maximumrock

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:18 AM

Greetings!!

My grandpa unfortunately passed away a few weeks back. One of my cousins inherited his computer.. Its pretty decent Compaq HP with windows 7 on it.. Before he took possession of it. I deleted my grandpa's stuff off of it and made an "admin" user ID so that whoever got it, can just log in and make a new ID..

However, I just got a call a bit ago saying its still coming up with my grandpa's old ID on there and the password isnt working and it cant be reset. I had already deleted the user ID's while logged on as admin.. So not sure how/why that user name is the only one showing. And there is no SWITCH USER option so that he can log in with admn.

Tried having him go into safe mode but its still prompting for my grandpa's old ID.. The admin account does not have a password tied to it..

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my cousin logged into that?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:39 AM

If you open the Windows Menu you will see the option for Shut Down.  If you move the mouse pointer over the arrow to the right of Shut Down option you should have the option for Switch user.  Click on that and see what other accounts are available.

What is the model of this HP Compaq?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users