Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W 10 won't install on my 2011 CyberPower gamer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DavidBassPlayer

DavidBassPlayer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:23 AM

I am having trouble installing W 10 on my 2011 CyberPower gamer. I'd like to complete this before the expiration of free W 10 next month.
The W10 checkout says I'm good to go for W10, but W10 installation fails every time I try.

Processor: AMD PHENOM II X4 840
Mother Board: GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3

Windows 7 Home Premium

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:47 AM

I am having trouble installing W 10 on my 2011 CyberPower gamer. I'd like to complete this before the expiration of free W 10 next month.
The W10 checkout says I'm good to go for W10, but W10 installation fails every time I try.

Processor: AMD PHENOM II X4 840
Mother Board: GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3
Windows 7 Home Premium

Any suggestions?

Please post your specs while posting about windows. But in your post there is win 7 already installed so i think win 10 will be install once try to do clean install.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:09 AM

Here's the procedure to follow to install a clean copy of Windows 10

1)  Open a command prompt and type in "slmgr /xpr" (without the quotes) and press Enter

If you get a small window that says that W10 is permanently activated, it's OK to proceed
If not, you'll need to get the product key for your original OS (must be Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10)

2)  Go here and use the "Need to create a USB, DVD or ISO?" method:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

When installing W10 (if it's permanently activated) you'll skip the first time that it asks for a product key, and will tell it to do it later the second time that it asks for a product key.
Once you're into Windows (and connected to the internet), it'll automatically activate.

If you didn't get it permanently activated, then just enter the product key from the previous OS and activate in the usual way.

NOTE:  Keep the flash drive/DVD in a safe place in order to use it as a recovery drive/repair drive in the future.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:34 AM

In addition, you probably need to do a "clean" install of Windows 10 which means you will lose everything that you don't have backed up AND, regardless, you'll need to reinstall every program that you use.
If you're OK with that, create the install media as Usasma outlines above, boot it (this is manufacturer and make specific so I can't give a definitive step to do it) and, when it asks you where to install Windows 10, delete every existing partition on the hard dis drive then click next.
BTW, there are 68 ways from Sunday for the "upgrade" to fail which include incompatible drivers, the leftover results of an infection, the wrong antivirus software, and a host more reasons. A fresh, clean install is the best way to go.
Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users