Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tiny black bugs on laptop screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 James225913

James225913

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:21 AM

About the size of a dead pixel. I used to see maybe one a day, if working at my computer all day, but since it's gotten warmer, I'm seeing a few more. Anyone know what they are, and how to get rid? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

Are these actual bugs?  If so I have them too, they come from my wife's plants.  She puts a small dish of apple cider vinegar by the plants to attract them into death by drowning. A quick finger press followed by a tissue clean up also works.

#3 James225913

James225913
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

Thanks, Kilroy.

Well, they move, so I assume so. I don't have any plants, although I do have lots of greenery outside my house, tree's, and the kind of plant that grows on your walls. But the laptop stays in a room where the window is only open for an hour a day. So I don't think it's that.

#4 chalup

chalup

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

You referring to gnats? They are almost impossible to stop during summer time especially if you live in the woods/ have a lot of greenery.

#5 James225913

James225913
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:01 AM

No, they're not gnats. Somebody else must have had this issue surely? These bugs are laptop-specific; they're nowhere else in my home.

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:27 PM

They are attracted to the light from the screen.  I've seen them on windows and the bathroom mirror.  Still a little bowl of apple cider vinegar may catch them for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users