Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

S-video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 paulsart86

paulsart86

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:49 PM

hi i have just bought an s-video cable to plug my laptop into my television, it works alright but when it is set to colour the image is flickering and if i set it to black and white its clear as day, anyone know how to resolve this?? cheers

Mod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 11 August 2006 - 01:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:30 AM

Hi paulsart86.
Set your notebooks screen resolution down to 800x600 or lower.

#3 paulsart86

paulsart86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:14 AM

alright mate, i tried that but no joy, i have also tried increasing the frame rate from 60 hrtz to 85 and that doesnt seem to change it either

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

Going to need to know a little more about what you're working with then paulsart86.
Notebook make and model number, television make and model.
Also, are you using your notebook as a dvd player and that's when the color goes or is it right from the desktop?

#5 paulsart86

paulsart86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:01 PM

i am using a dell inspiron 5100, its right from the desktop, the tv is a crown one, its quite cheap but it all works perfectly fine

#6 HitSquad

HitSquad

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:16 AM

At the moment, this is going to be easier for both of us if you do some troubleshooting on your own so that we don't have to play 20 questions. :thumbsup:
Go here. In the "Problem Search" dialog box, type "s-video" (no quotes) and click the search arrow.
Under "Wizards" choose the "black and white picture through s-video port" and do the step by step troubleshooter.
Also see the knowledge base article section below the wizard section on how to configure your particular video adapter for use with an s-video>tv connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users