Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delete Browsing history ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nosmiley

nosmiley

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

I guess I went over the edge. When I left click the "Tools" gear upper right corner, then click safety, and choose delete "browsing History" , a box opens that has "preserve Favorite......;  Temp Int. files;  and Passwords"  already checked, or X'd .
I desire to keep my passwords.  Do I uncheck that block. This shouldn't be difficult , but my mind does not understand if the x marks mean this is what will be deleted when the delete is clicked.
For some reason, maybe my old age, it seems like the opening square should have the person check what is to be deleted, and not open with choices already chosen. Does this make sense . ?

I sincerely would appreciate some help.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:41 PM

Put a mark in everything down to passwords, but DON'T put a X mark in the password field. It's confusing because its asking you two things; the first you mark if you want to save something, and the rest you mark if you want to delete it. 

#3 Stafeegraph

Stafeegraph

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:46 AM

If you want to delete browsing history from your system then just go to browser setting open the history and then select the option for deleting all the history among all types of passwords and cookies with duration.If you can select different option of the duration e.g for 7-days,15-days and so  on.You can easily delete the browsing history. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users