I recently built my first pc with all new parts. I created a windows 10 bootable usb using Windows 10 Download tool.
When I turn on the pc, I entered bios and changed the boot order so that the bootable usb is first, saved and exited bios. When the computer starts it shows the gigabyte motherboard board splash screen, and then shows the black screen with windows logo and the circle loading dots. Before the dots can make a complete circle the pc shuts down and restarts. It will continuously reboot over and over making it to the same spot. In order to stop the reboot loop I have to turn off the power supply or hold on the power button for 5 seconds.
The pictures included are the only two screen I see unless I enter the bios.
The SSD is detected in the bios. I never make it to any screen to start the installation. I also never get any error code or anything. I have tested the bootable usb on another computer and it works fine. I have plugged the SSD into another computer where it is detected and I can save documents. I have reformatted the SSD on the spare computer as well.
I have tested the ssd and bootable usb on an older computer and it worked just fine. I was able to boot to usb and was able to start the installation process.
Cooler Master 212 Evo
16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX at 2666MHz
240GB SSD Adata SP550
1TB Caviar Blue HDD
750W EVGA power supply
No graphics card: Waiting to see rx480 benchmarks
Things I have tried: (in no specific order)
· Removed one of the ram sticks
· Tried each of the ram sticks in each of the four ram slots
· Ran memtest86 (4 passes – 0 errors)
· Cleared CMOS
· Tried every single usb port on the motherboard as well as front panel
· Tried several usb drives, both 2.0 and 3.0
· Tried three different SATA cables
· Tried all SATA ports for the SSD
· Checked CPU for bent pins
· Checked for too much thermal paste
· Updated Bios to the latest version
Edited by zeus12, 26 June 2016 - 06:54 PM.