Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU runs at 100% while playing games or making simply tasks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rikeoffc

rikeoffc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:07 PM

my PC specs:
CPU: Pentium ® dual core cpu e5200 2.5ghz
RAM: 2GB
System type: windows 7 32bit
video card: Nvidia GeForce gt 8600

i know these specs are not good and cpu is pretty old too but until now I had no problem with that. 

i built this PC 3-4 months ago with absolutely new not used cpu,gpu.. i'm simply using it: working with Photoshop ( i'm graphic designer ) and playing simple games like: Lineage 2, PES 16, mount and blade and etc.. 3 days ago i decided to install 64bit windows 7 as my cpu supports it and i could use more programms and games and maybe install more 2gb ram so i bought disk and installed it fully. After installing i noticed that my computer was really slow i was waiting like 30 seconds to open folder or google chrome and i'm not talking about games... i thought it was because of my cpu so i decided to install 32bit again. i installed it and i noticed that everything was OK now folders were opening pretty fast and had no problem with other simple tasks.. i downloaded PES 16 and started to play it .. i was playing simply first 10 minutes with 40-60 fps but after 10 minutes i started getting 1-5 fps only so i checked task manager and noticed that pes was using all my 100% cpu i paused for sometime game then started to play it again and same happend afer 10 minutes my cpu went to 100% usage again... after that i just closed the game and noticed that not only while playing PES but doing simple tasks like opening chrome or extracting winrar i was getting like 60-70+ cpu usage and it never happend before ..

1. i scanned my computer with malwarebytes but it detected no malwares
2. i cleaned it with CCleaner but it didn't help at all.
3. i defragmented disk but it didn't help too.
4. i cleaned my hardware with vacuum cleaner but still nothing..

i can't upgrade my cpu,ram or gpu because i don't have money now so i decided to ask for help people on forum... please if anybody knows the solution help me smile.gif  thank you. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rikeoffc

rikeoffc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

up

#3 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

I would check that all drivers (appropriate) are installed. Start with chipset, controller, graphics and CPU. Acquire the drivers from the device manufacturers website (MoBo, GPU, CPU etc.).

Is the desktop a name brand or did one just use a case and build up?

#4 rikeoffc

rikeoffc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:22 AM

no, i just built it up... i checked all drivers and all of them are up to date.. i also installed it with driversolution is it trusted utility?

#5 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,343 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:23 AM

no, i just built it up... i checked all drivers and all of them are up to date.. i also installed it with driversolution is it trusted utility?

I wouldn't trust any "driver installer utility". Download manually from manufacturer's website.

#6 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

I hope you started with a Windows 7 SP1 install! If you didn't, you need to find the download for it and get it in there, urgently!!!!
Even after an SP1 virgin installation, there are about 200 updates that take forever to get started and an un-updated 7 will chew up 50+ percent of the CPU plus every bit of ram it can lay its hands on until it gets those updates.
The bear is that it may take 48+ hours to finally begin updating (which began about a year ago).
IF you already have SP1 included in what you installed, I have found that manually installing IE11 and the March 2016 update client helps speed things up.
If you want to check, open the Task Manager and there will be a SVCHOST entry hogging the PC.
P.P.S: Upgrading the CPU to an E8400 or E8600 is dirt cheap and will also give the PC a BIG kick in the butt; but, do it after you've got Windows working.

P.S. 64 bit will help you with Photoshop, so, if your inclined to, start things over again with it.
IE11: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-details.aspx
Windows Update Client: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3138612
Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users