Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

weird eating habits

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:31 AM

Do anyone think its weird or wrong to have a mnt dew with my sausage n eggs this morn?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:17 AM

Do anyone think its weird or wrong to have a mnt dew with my sausage n eggs this morn?

You'll get your Recommended Daily Allowance for caffeine. 

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:01 PM

you mean ...."carbonated water, high-fructose corn syrup (in much of the U.S.), concentrated orange juice, citric acid, natural flavors, sodium benzoate, caffeine, sodium citrate, erythorbic acid, gum arabic, calcium disodium, brominated vegetable oil, and yellow 5

i hope you aren't diabetic...

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:14 PM

yes i am but my non insulin type 2 under control, and thats my one "cheat for the month.

Edited by Sabastiondoggie, 26 June 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#5 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:21 PM

What is a mnt dew?

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

It is Mountain Dew....a high fructose soft drink, that NO diabetic should be drinking

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

Oh I love Mountain Dew, Totally unsuitable for type 1 or type 2 diabetics, I know because I am type 1.

#8 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

It's no wonder I keep coming to BC to further my education. I always thought Mountain Dew was another name for home-made whisky. Another illusion shattered.

Chris Cosgrove

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

you're quite right Chris....(here) especially the illegally made whiskies...

Mtn Dew (as it is now named...same product) has been blamed for everything from causing sterility to bad teeth to evisceration and anything else in between......

Mtn Dew Facts

So to answer the OP's question....probably not so much weird as it is Wrong...especially seeing you are diabetic......when you say "controlled"....what does that mean to you ?...would you care to share your hba1c (A1C or eAG)

Edited by Condobloke, 26 June 2016 - 06:33 PM.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#10 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

i started with a 192 and i got it down to a 120 that 1 yr ago my daily "prick" number is between 121 fasting and 110 and 90 at bed time.  and i would like a shot of scotch right about now but im of the wagon 3 yrs but i still crave it. like sugar...lol.

Edited by Sabastiondoggie, 26 June 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#11 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:24 PM

That is quite low....well done !

I see the american diabetes association recommends around 154mg/dl     

I am also Diabetic...type 2....since 2009. We use a different scale for measurement here in Australia. My HBA1C is 6.2 (three monthly average) which I believe equates to 131 mg/dl

Anyway....go easy on the mtn dew, and good luck.

GcnI1aH.jpg

#12 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:46 AM

you also Mr. Bloke and believe me i cheat only once a month with a Mnt Dew.

#13 Naught McNoone

Naught McNoone

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:41 PM

In Canada, we use mmol/L (millimoles per litre) as the gauge.

4.0 mmol/L is about 72 mg/dl.  Anything under that classes you as hypoglycemic, and you should be wearing a Medic Alert tag.

10.0 mmol/L is about 180 mg/dl.  Above that and you have hyperglycemia, and you may be diabetic.

Things that will affect these results are diet, weight, and exercise.

I test myself daily, no less that 2 hours after a meal, and in a relaxed state. (Normal heart rate and blood pressure.)

I have been controlling blood sugar using diet, and am insulin free for the last three years!  Huzzah!

If you need a carbonated beverage, you might want to switch to club soda.  Sugar free, with only sodium to worry about.

In Canada, we have lemon flavoured club soda, from Canada Dry.

Cheers!

Naught

Edited by Naught McNoone, 27 June 2016 - 01:41 PM.

#14 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:17 PM

man have i had some crazy things to eat after a session drinking, i remember having like a pack of potatoe chips and opened a tin of ham baked beans mmmmm that was nice all mixed together.

Meat pie sandwiches, yeh there nice as well.

Vegemite and chicken chip sandwiches are also good, i will some times have curry for breakfast if there is left overs.

ChessyMite with eggs on toast mmmmmmmmm and some Worcestershire sauce.

#15 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:43 AM

The best 'feed' following a booze up....has to be hot dog with hot mustard....followed by tomato juice with a dash of worcestershire sauce. wake up the following morning fresh as a daisy !

I haven't done that for quite a few years !!

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users