Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What the heck this time yet again?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:49 AM

Mod Edit:  Merged posted topics - Hamluis.

I was hoping to be able to burn a iso of my windows 7.  i wrote a copy of the product # from the sticker on the side if the pc.  i went to the microsoft download site and put in my #, after a min it tells me it cant validate my number, i went to the faq and clicked on the volume whatcha callit and followed all their wants to including needing to download the microsoft account app on my phone to validate my existance or what ever.  after i done with that crap i hit next and i get a page asking me about my business email and crap, im not a business.  is it that hard to obtain a iso legal?

Problem 2:  i would like to find a copy of windows 7 sp1 2 and 3 from microsoft in the head.

3: my pc keeps going back an hour behind can i fix that?

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2016 - 07:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

3: my pc keeps going back an hour behind can i fix that?

Change the CMOS battery on your mainboard; open the side of your case, and it looks like a silver quarter sitting flat face-up on the mainboard. There is usually a clip holding it in, just use a screwdriver to push it aside a little and it will release. You can buy them anywhere, from Walgreens to Target. Purchase one with the same number on the battery, and be sure to put it back in with the same polarity, if you reverse it your computer will do weird things.

re: your other question: if I understand you correctly, you want to make a backup of your current Windows 7 system, is that right? Or are you looking for a retail installation disk?

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:28 AM

i want a retail disc and i was hoping to obtain one through microsoft in the head by iso.  i dont wanna come out of pocket.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:01 AM

The only Windows 7 ISO image available for download from Microsoft is for those who own a retail copy of this operating system.  Microsoft removed all of the other downloads over a year ago.  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:40 PM

well thank you Mr. DC3 ill stop persueing stop that quest i should of knonw when i started jumping hoops...lol.  and i got the sp 1 i wanted now i want sp2 and 3.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

Windows 7 only has the one Service Pack.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Sabastiondoggie

Sabastiondoggie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

oh ok i though there was 3 my bad, thanks again Mr. DC3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users