Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi. Torn between a couple of PCs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NemoH88

NemoH88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:04 AM

Hi there. I am looking for a new pc capable of playing some modern games on high (Gta etc) and some light video editing. Only thing is that my budget is only around £300. I've come across two pcs I'm semi interested in. I was wondering if anyone could help advice me.

One is a complete setup and consists of:
Intel i3 4130 3.4
8gb ddr3 ram
Nvidia geforce gtx 650ti boost 2gb gfx card
500b hdd
120gb ssd
Also with monitor, kodi media center, mouse and keyboard plus he'll keep some games on
For 300

The other is just the barebones pc (no monitor, keyboard etc)
And is:
i7 2600 3.4
10gb Ddr3 ram
Geforce gtx 560ti 1279mb
For 265

The second one seems a little to cheap for me? Not sure though.

Any advice on the best deal or whether I'd be better building myself, please let me know. Thanks!
Oh and the second one just has a 640gb hdd. No ssd.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:58 AM

First system has slower CPU, bit less memory, slightly better video card, HDD makes no difference, SSD is plus.

Considering on first system you get also monitor and other peripherals, first system sounds better deal for me.

#3 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:30 AM

GTAV is a very CPU and VRAM hungry game.

The 1st one has a GPU that could pull it off, but the dual core CPU would limit it constantly.

The 2nd one has quad core 8 thread CPU that could handle it, and games to come, easily, but the GPU would make you have to scale back the settings to Xbone-esque graphic fidelity (GPU in it is, performance wise, an Xbone). 

The 2nd one would be my choice. Only because it's supper easy to upgrade the GPU later down the line (mass compatibility, easily swap-able), but upgrading CPUs can be a tricky business. There are games now that won't even boot if they detect you're using a dual core (like the core i3 in the first one).

For an extra 50$ on top the 2nd one you could drop by a thrift shop for a cheap screen (or use your TV), optical/laser mouse, and keyboard. If doing that isn't an option, I'd opt for the first just for the ease of everything already being together. 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users