Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 x-raided

x-raided

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:11 PM

not sure im posting in the correct place but here it goes.

ive asked this forum for help before and its always solved my issue.

anyways i have a dell inspiron laptop with windows 7 . 

it started getting really slow lately and freezing.. i ran that anti malware program that was suggested to me here before and it came up with 0 threats. now when i start it it gives me a black screen that says

"No boot selector on internal hard drive

No bootable devices--strike f1 to retry boot, f2 for setup, f5 to run diagnostics"

any help is greatly appreciated as always

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

Unfortunately, your hard drive is unable to load and boot from the operating system. Have you tried clicking the F5 key and running the diagnositcs?

You may want to try booting from a Windows 7 installation disk, go to the Recovery Environment and try the repair your computer option. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-the-windows-7-recovery-environment/

#3 x-raided

x-raided
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

i ran the diagnostics and it came up with nothing.

i really wouldnt mind having to re install windows i just need a way to get the windows 7 for free and the process. ive done it once before with help from users on this forum but forgot how.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:15 AM

In that case...you ought to be able to simply look up your old topics and review the details of same.

Louis

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:00 AM

If you ran the the Startup Repair from the System Recovery Options this means that you used a Windows 7 installation disc.

If this is the case reopen the System Recovery Options and select Command Prompt.

When the Command prompt opens copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

bootrec /FixMbr

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users