Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing problems.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TrxR

TrxR

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

Ive got a problem with my prints coming out  with horizontal black lines all over it  or light black vertical lines all over it. It only happens when printing from a web browser. Ive tried different web browsers and different computers one being an XP machine.  They all do the same. But if I print from word or any other program it comes out nice and clear.

The Printer is a HP CP1518ni and it connected through the network.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 25 June 2016 - 02:57 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 powernub

powernub

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:43 PM

Hello, what happens if you print a web page to pdf? Does it show black lines on the pdf file? If not, try printing out the pdf file and see what happens.

You can use a program such as dopdf to print to pdf.

#3 TrxR

TrxR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:59 PM

If I print to pdf the pdf looks fine. When i print the pdf it comes out fine as well.

Its really weird. I cant seem to figure it out. I thought it was something wrong with the printer originally but it prints out pdf's fine as well as anything from word or excell. Its just when I print from the web browser.

#4 powernub

powernub

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:11 PM

Hi TrxR, Try changing the driver to be a "Generic Postscript Printer". 

Worked for someone else that was having similar issues with the printer: https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/539354

#5 TrxR

TrxR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:20 AM

Changing to the Postcript seemed to work.

Thanks

#6 powernub

powernub

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

Awesome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users