Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Settings are not functioning

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KJRose

KJRose

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

I wanted to change my default browser and the function is not working screensaver is not working and none of the options are. Holy Moly I hope there is a fix for this..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:32 PM

How are you trying to set default browser have you tried Control Panel --> Default Programs ---> Set Default Programs and from left pane select the web browser you want to set as default web browser and click Set this program as default. 

Please explain how screensaver not working does Windows display any error message if yes then post the message for us to view.

How do you setup Screensaver?

2GvnEq2.gif

#3 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:41 PM

These are the things I found out.. MS is aware of this issue since April has not issued a fix as of yet. it is known as emerging-issue-67758. I went and researched that and tried a couple things. I could not get my scan to go so I had to use the CMD and run it. Totally clean.. I tried using Power Shell and got an error after running   Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} It would not complete. Then I went here on my computer and deleted the contents of this folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache. and rebooted my machine, Nothing repaired it so I just decided that it is not the most horrible issue I could have, and I can use the Control Panel so I guess as inconvenient as it is I certainly do not want to reset my computer.  :)

Edited by KJRose, 27 June 2016 - 05:42 PM.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:36 AM

You can do Repair Install Windows 10 if you like repair install will not delete your settings, programs and personal files.

2GvnEq2.gif

#5 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:11 AM

I ended up wiping everything and today I am installing the things I saved..I lost alot but that is Okay I needed to dump alot of pdf and stuff from webpages. All is better now thank you.

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:37 AM

You are very welcome.

2GvnEq2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users