Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

90% of all Android phones can be compromised. Are you?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VincePolston

VincePolston

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:11 PM

I've converted over to Apple when the 6+ came out; which has it's own problems.. but reading articles like this makes me glad I made the switch. It says that 90% of all Android phones can be compromised by malware that can root the phone with malicious code. They are calling it the "Godless" apps".

Thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

rootable phones are not a problem they are actually a benefit, and just a fyi IOS devices are vulnerable to the same thing ;)

nothing is safe nowadays its all about how you prepare for failure

ive done a lot of downloading and installing unknown apps and third party apps on my android devices and have never actually had a issue with malware rooting my device for me (and I mean some very sketchy sites were the source of my apk's)

edit: also find the title very clickbaity, should be called "android running 5.1 and under are at risk" hahaha

Edited by TheTripleDeuce, 25 June 2016 - 02:12 PM.

#3 VincePolston

VincePolston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

Hey TripleDeuce! Yeah I know nothing is safe nowadays :) Including my Apple. Sigh. On the title I went with what they did. I suppose that it is, lol. Thanks for your input.

#4 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:39 AM

rootable phones are not a problem they are actually a benefit, and just a fyi IOS devices are vulnerable to the same thing ;)

nothing is safe nowadays its all about how you prepare for failure

ive done a lot of downloading and installing unknown apps and third party apps on my android devices and have never actually had a issue with malware rooting my device for me (and I mean some very sketchy sites were the source of my apk's)

edit: also find the title very clickbaity, should be called "android running 5.1 and under are at risk" hahaha

Actually, iOS is less vulnerable since it normally gets its software from the AppStore, a closed system. GooglePlay is much more open, so Android devices are more vulnerable to malware. One of the problems with an open system.

That article is total clickbait. The vulnerability only applies to Android 5.1! Still applies to tons of phones out there, apparently. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users