Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slide show program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 charley40

charley40

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:05 AM

Hi have not been on forum recently.  I am not sure if this is the correct forum but would appreciate any direction on where to post.  I am looking for a hopefully free slide show program to make slide shows for funerals.  I want it simple as not the smartest peg.  I want to take approximately 50 pictures, load them into a program, add music if possible, have a 10 second delay between pictures.  As simple as possible.  A friend used pay Adobe but sounded complicated to me.  I have a brother on life support and all of my relatives are like me in the twilight of there lives.  Everyone is looking to me to prepare these shows as the funeral homes are very expensive.  I looked thru the all the programs listed which was great but could not find one specific for what I wanted.  Again any assistance or comments would be sincerely appreciated.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Viper_Security

Viper_Security

• Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:08 AM

This is what i use WPS Suite https://www.wps.com/

OR

OpenOffice https://www.openoffice.org/

OR

Libre Office https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-still/

ALL three are free to use for ever with the option to pay, WPS looks more like the MS Office.

IT Auditor & Security Professional

hQBT2G3.png

#3 sasschary

sasschary

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 806 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:19 AM

You can also use Google Slides (https://www.google.com/slides/about/) if you have a Google account. This is what I use for presentations and slide shows whenever I need them. It has the advantage of being cloud based, and you can then download completed slide shows in multiple formats. Like Viper_Security's suggestions, Google Slides is also free.

ZC

#4 charley40

charley40
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.  I opened all of them but just have to decide which is easiest.  I have google chrome and it looks easy but did not say anything about the music but will study it more.

Again thanks.

#5 blingblingbling

blingblingbling

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:05 AM

Seems to be too late to answer this thread. I think I still need to add my opinions here.

Online photo slideshow maker:

Slide.ly

Animoto

Roxio Photoshow

Desktop photo slideshow maker:

Movie maker

Ezvid

Smile box

Read this blog to know more details it gives. I think it's helpful, at least to me.

#6 LoisGreen

LoisGreen

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:35 AM

For free photo slideshow maker, you can make use of Windows Movie Maker

These steps can be followed to create a perfect slideshow:

1. Arrange the pictures according to your choice on the timeline.
  2. Set duration for each picture, or for all at once by selecting all.
  3. Add audio. You can use an existing audio file, or record via this slideshow maker.
  4. Add text, caption, credits, etc.
  5. Select from a number of pre-loaded themes.
  6. Add transition effects to the slides, or edit the effects from the Animation tab.
  7. Visual Effects let you add different predefined effects to the slides.
  8. Save your slideshow to your computer, or share on the internet.

If you need a professional photo slideshow maker, you can make use of DVD Photo Slideshow Builder

#7 abdulquan

abdulquan

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:40 AM

A program that allow you to make and view slide shows with 30 transition effects and that is Slide Show Pilot .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users