Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

same old song and dance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluntboy1017

bluntboy1017

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

i had built my first pc. changed psus and maybe corrupt some of the files because now when i boot i get 0x00000f error. so i tried doing a repair and to no avail , my computer still is down. ive removed ram (havent tried in other slots yet.

gigabyte fx 970-ds3p
zotac 750 ti
8gb hyper fury ram (1x8 even though newegg told me 2x4)
400w power supply (with only 2 sata power cables)
sandisc 128gb ssd (where my os iz installed)
toshiba 1tb hdd

im just not sure which step to try first.
pc master race literacy is good.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:07 AM

Since you built this computer I'm guessing that you have the installation disc for your operating system.  If this is the case go here and scroll down to Booting to Recovery Environment with Windows 8/8.1 installation media or Recovery Drive/System Repair Disc.  Follow the instructions for the Automatic Repair and Startup Repair.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 bluntboy1017

bluntboy1017
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:12 AM

sorry for not explaining that part. went to reddit amd bought a windows key and installed 8.1 pro using a usb. which eould be no prpblem but when i try boot
it gives me os location error(prpbably because pf corrupt ssd). checked boot path and changed it to usb. boot again and it givea me the hardware error. so i unplug sata from ssd and try with only hdd since hdd is blank. still same thing.
i do not have an original usb but i had put tge same on another

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

You can download a Windows 8.1 ISL image which can be used to create a installation disc.

Click/tap on the link below.

Once the instructions are viewable read through the instruction, then click/tap on the Create media  button.  This will start the process to create the installation media.  Follow the instructions.

If you are using a Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 to create the installation disc, use the instructions below to burn the ISO file to a DVD to create the installation disc.

How to burn ISO image using Windows Burn Disk Image.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.  

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

burndiskimage1_zpsb502b181.png

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

burndiskimage2_zps17a9d6ff.png

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close

Once you have created the installation disc please follow the instructions I provided in post #2.

Edited by dc3, 25 June 2016 - 11:37 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users