Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Anti-virus 2006 Pop-up Need Help (log)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 JordanonMYfeet

JordanonMYfeet

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:37 AM

Well lately i have been getting a pop-up for Anti-Virus 2006 and im thinking i might bee infected. It usually shows up when the computer is slower than usually ex. when i have lots of windows up or tons of big pictures.

I cleaned up most stuff on HijackThis but the pop-up was still there so here is my log as of today

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:35:05 AM, on 8/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Terri\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 5 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: InfoDocReader Object - {295BA105-3506-4D25-B0DD-54346320BDC5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\gebyw.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: gebyw - C:\WINDOWS\system32\gebyw.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: Rio MSC Manager (RioMSC) - Digital Networks North America, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\RioMSC.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

thanks so much to all :thumbsup:

Edited by JordanonMYfeet, 11 August 2006 - 10:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JordanonMYfeet

JordanonMYfeet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

Anyone :thumbsup:

#3 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:13 AM

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :thumbsup:

Before we can get started on fixing your problem you must change the location of Hijackthis. It should not run from a temp directory.
  • Download and run the HijackThis autoinstall program
  • Please choose the default location of C:\Program Files as the destination.
  • Run the program only from that location from now on. It is essential that you follow these steps or certain important features of the program will not function correctly.
Once you have Hijackthis running from this folder, please reboot and post a new hijackthis log as a reply in this thread.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

#4 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:20 AM

This topic has been closed due to a lack of response. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you. Include the address of this thread in your request.
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users