Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not able to get to login screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pulsebabe

pulsebabe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:38 AM

Last time i was in my laptop i thought a virus had got onboard so i did a system restore, and carried on using it for about half an hour or so then logged off for the night. Next morning the screen is just stuck on the spinning circle and please wait and wont go on to the login. I have gone into safe mode and gone to system restore again but there are no restore points as I had only just used it. Normally when this has happened in the past I have just gone into safe mode, restored and its been fine, but obviously now I dont have that option. I have done a disk clean and chkdsk whilst in safe mode, but still cant access the normal login page. Please can someone talk me thru what I need to do to get the login up. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:49 PM

Hopefully you have resolve the issue if not perform a clean boot to eliminate startup programs and third party services that may be causing your issue.

Edited by FreeBooter, 30 June 2016 - 08:50 PM.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 pulsebabe

pulsebabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:32 AM

Thank you for your reply. how do I login as administrator to be able to perform this? Thanks

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

You have said you were able to login to Safe Mode you can perform the Clean Boot from Safe Mode.

Edited by FreeBooter, 02 July 2016 - 10:01 AM.

- Dalai Lama

#5 pulsebabe

pulsebabe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

the link you sent me to with instructions of how to run the clean book says to log in as administrator.  i dont know how to do that.

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:12 AM

Yes you will be ask to login to Safe Mode with administrator password if non of the users account have a password protection then you don't need a password to login to Safe Mode just login to Safe Mode and try the Clean Boot state let us know how it goes. 

Edited by FreeBooter, 02 July 2016 - 10:12 AM.

- Dalai Lama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users