Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Code 268D3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chemaldaman

Chemaldaman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:59 PM

Two days ago I got an error code 268 D3 and was instructed to call phone number I called the number and told the people that this was a scam and hung up. My Internet explorer browser is not working correctly and seems to be redirecting all of my searches and it changed the homepage. When I saw this I am mediately disconnected the Internet from the computer. Now I'm looking for a virus or a browser hijacker and it is hiding well. I tried to use safe mode with networking but the browser still seems to be redirecting my searches and will not allow me to download any current antivirus software. Any advice?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 June 2016 - 09:43 AM.
moved from Windows XP to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:25 PM

Welcome aboard p22002758.gif

Do you have another computer to download some stuff and USB flash drive to transfer those tools to the computer in question?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users