Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UEFI Boot Record

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MaestroShibari

MaestroShibari

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:19 PM

If a mandate program or malicious user with access to your PC is able to change your UEFI boot record so that no matter what you do you boot into the infected or altered windows image, modified and created a recovery partition that will restore only the infected version on the hard drive, and you are locked out of making your actual recovery partition (still on hard drive) active and perform a restore (I have examined the actual recovery partition and found it is unaltered but cannot boot from it no matter what I try) how can I modify or recreate the UEFI Boot record to boot into the real recovery partition and effect a system repair. I know I can just wipe it all or use a new HD and fix it that way, but I want to fix the Secure Boot so it will actually boot from the Recovery Partition. Any ideas. I have not been able to make it work with any of the UBCD tools including Parted Magic....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users